- Gendo: lets do some shady government shit
- Misato: ryoji i hate you but I also wanna fuck you
- Ryoji: i wanna fuck you but also be a spy or something
- Angel: sup fuckers
- Misato: shinji help we need u to do the thing
- Shinji: i cant do the thing
- Asuka: fuck it ill do the thing
- Asuka: fuck i cant do the thing
- Misato: Shinji please
- Shinji: i wont do the thing bcuz my dads an asshole
- Rei: dude i have such a boner for ur dad
- Misato: Shinji if u dont do the thing everyones dead
- Shinji: *does the thing*
- Angel: fuck man i was so close
- Ritsuko: my mom was a bitch but i respect her
i wrote a paper as a senior in high school about this and when tracking the unhealthy relationship symptoms i found this out too. fucking a.
THIS is a legitimate reason to think Twilight is problematic. Not “oooh, but it’s girly literature cause the vampires sparkle and all the teen girls are into Edward”. As funny as some of the sparkly vampires jokes are - and they really sometimes are - Twilight’s very unique take on vampires is the least of the series’ problems, yet this criticism gets heard a lot more than the criticism of people who have noticed that something isn’t quite right in the relationship between Edward and Bella.
I brought this up every chance I had when I was working with the youth theatre girls this summer. There was one in particular who was way gaga over Edward and how she wanted a boyfriend just like him, so I told her “Oh, you’d be ok with a guy who followed you everywhere, invaded your privacy, ignored your feelings, sabotaged your friendships, and isolated you from everyone you’ve ever loved? And nearly killed you on several occasions?”
And I literally watched the switch flip in her head.
my mom is dying laughing right now
It should probably be noted that, from what I recall, Bella is pretty abusive toward the dog dude. Can’t remember his name.
Yet another reason I could give a shit about this series.